Sunday, October 13, 2013

HUGE Target Haul '13

Yay! OMG. Story of the day. Health Insurance in America sucks. >:(
Whatever. Maybe I'll rant about that later.
But you know what happens when I'm sad..... I shop.... -___-


So true though. Best gif ever.
Hehe. I have problems. Anyways, this haul is actually really overdue and I already did a ton more shopping recently, but we'll take this one step at a time. Let's keep this short and simple.

First, I'll start off with my new NYX purchases. So, lately, I've totally been into buying more lip products. I think that what I normally always buy is blush, but I always leave my lips so rejected. Therefore, I must buy more lip products right? Right?! :'DDD

I got the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in LG129 - Beige and LG122 - Natural ($4.99).
Now I actually really like these glossses. First off, there is a pretty bow on top which I absolutely LOVE. NYX is a Japanese brand so I expect those overly girly touches that melt every little girl's hearts~ <3 I find that they are not sticky (because who loves having their hair stick to their lips? =n=), which is a huge plus in my book. They seem to keep your lips really moisturized for quite a bit of time, and they smell like cherry fruit punch... So overall, love these things! c:
(top to bottom: Beige and Natural)

They have a sponge application with super long bristles. Nice and soft~

Next, I decided to try a NYX Butter Gloss in BLG 09 - Vanilla Cream Pie ($4.99)
I picked this one up for it's cute, soft pink color that looks really nice on the lips. c: After trying them all out, though, I think that I prefer the other NYX glosses. These butter glosses appear to be more pigmented, but they also tend to be more sticky, which I dislike. It smells like vanilla~ Fake vanilla but still vanilla~ c: 

Hehe~ Who can stop my blush addiction?!
This one is the NYX Blush in PB12 - TerraCotta ($5.99)
Of course I love NYX blushes (my favorite is definitely Mocha) so I had to try out more when I saw them at Target. I find that this blush is a nice, natural everyday color. Being a girl who loves to pack on that baby pink blush, Shinjuku style, sometimes something more natural is good, too. This blush blends out really easily and it works really well with my yellowy-undertones. Love it.

NYX swatches:
(Left to right: Mega Shine Lip Glosses in beige, natural; Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie;
Blush in Terra Cotta)

Next up are more EOS lipbalms: Pomegranate Raspberry and Strawberry Sorbet ($2.99). 
As always, when your lips are as dry as mine, lip balm is your BBFL. I especially like the EOS ones because they don't leave my lips feeling super oily, but still moisturized. They also taste AMAZING. I noticed that some of my girls at summer camp had the new pomegranate raspberry one and I was like... I NEED THAT. O.O <3 So I bought it~ hehe~ c:

Next, I got some stuff from ELF. Going on with the lip pencil craze (seriously, I just saw some at H&M, also I really want to try out the makeup at H&M now), I had to get the ELF Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in 22144T - Pink Umbrellas ($2.00). This is from their essential collection. I think the color on this is really nice, but it could be a little more moisturizing. I find that it does not really have a scent either. Overall, pretty nice, but not amazing. c:

Next, I got another ELF brush, the Small Stipple Brush ($3.00). This is obviously for blush. Gotta love blush brushes as much as I love blush lol~ It doesn't actually work that well for blending out powder blushes I think... but I heard it's more for cream based blushes, which I do not have many of.... so must buy more cream blushes, eh? :'D

Finally, I picked up another ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral ($3.00). This is one of the more popular blushes from their line that I needed to add it to my collection. I find that it's also a nice natural color, like the NYX one. ALSO. Is it just me, or when did they start imprinting the blush with the ELF logo? I don't remember that being there before... must be a new thing? o:

ELF Swatches:
(left to right: ELF Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Pink Umbrellas, Studio Blush in Candid Coral
NYX Blush in TerraCotta, TheFaceShop Lovely Me:ex Blusher in Orange Syrup)

In the pan, it actually looks a lot like the NYX Terracotta blush..... so I swatched them together. The ELF one leans more peachy/ orangey and the NYX one leans more bronzey/ browny? The NYX one is definitely a lot darker and more shimmery, too. Candid Coral is pretty similar to my more orangey orange blush from The Face Shop. [[Read more about that Face Shop Blush here]]

Next up, I picked up some of the newer Maybelline - Electric Baby Lips in 80 Berry Bomb and 95 Strike a Rose ($3.00 ea). If you read my summer favorites, tinted lip balms are my best friend when it comes to helping to save my dry, cracked, dehydrated lips while giving some color to my face. Unfortunately, I don't have those super pigmented lips like most girls~ why~~ I look so dead without a little bit of color hehe. c: They smell fruity and sweet and delicious <3 Also, purple and plums are supposed to be really nice for the fall! So I couldn't say no, right? Purple is my favorite color, too. c:
I've always loved the packaging of the Baby Lips line. So cute!

(left to right: Strike a Rose and Berry Bomb)

Okay. One last lip product... hehe~ this time I had a coupon! Whooohooo~! ;D
This is the Maybelline Color Whisper in 75 Rose of Attraction ($5.99). Again, love the packaging. This has a more floral, sweet scent to it. This color whisper also seems to be pretty popular in that it is a good "my lips but better" shade, with a little more pinkish red in it~

Swatches:
(left to right: Maybelline Baby Lips in Berry Bomb, Strike a Rose; Color Whisper in Rose of Attraction)

I guess the two rose colors are kind of similar, but the color whisper is more build-able in color, and a tad bit darker.

Finally, from Maybelline, I also wanted to try out the Fit Me Foundation Stick in 115 - Ivory ($6.99). What really sold me was that it has a gel formulation in the middle. Being someone with oily skin, anything gel seems to be really good for my skin; however, I found that this is a little too dry and doesn't blend out easily on my skin. Nothing much to say about this one. I ended up returning this foundation, too.


Swatch:

Finally, my last makeup product in the haul~ I got my hands on one of these beauts!! 
It's the L'oreal Le Matte color Riche in 409- Matte For Me ($7.99). These are a little pricey, but they're limited edition and I just... I wanted it. Keke~ So I saw someone review them on YouTube, and I was like.... holy piece of pie, the pigmentation on them is crazy good and they glide on like buttah! They also leave a really nice stain to your lips. This one is a nice plumy redy red, perfect for fall~

Swatch:

Last but not least is more of a body care item; Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula - Skin Therapy Oil ($7.99). Me being the clumsy piece of pie that I am... my legs are scarred to shit. :( Lately, I've just been wanting to take better care of my body and have been wanting something to help lighten those scars and some of my stretch marks that I shall never mention again. Yea, still testing it out, but so far, so good. Because it's more a watery oil, it absorbs really easily into the skin. It smells like a really diluted chocolate baby oil. An interesting scent....

Thanks for reading! Sheepy out~ <3