Saturday, February 22, 2014

Quick Review - Maybelline Color Elixirs

Hey guys! I just wanted to share with you some swatches of these adorable lippies~!
I saw essiebutton talking about these a while back so I just couldn't resist picking some up! Now I want more! These things are so hydrating and smooth, they are so amazing for my dry, dead lips! I would definitely recommend trying them out too if you can!


MAYBELLINE COLOR ELIXIRS


PRICE: $5.99 - $8.99 (depending on where you pick them up!)

(left to right: 100 Petal Plush, 075 Fuchsia Flourish, 015 Mandarin Rapture, 020 Signature Scarlet) 

I initially picked up 3 different shades, but I after trying them out, I just had to pick up more~! Petal Plush is your average, everyday wearable pink shade. Signature Scarlet is a nice, not too warm, not too cool, red-red shade. Now, Fuchsia Flourish and Mandarin Rapture are my two favorites and perfect for the upcoming spring season! Fuchsia Flourish is a bright, in yo face hot pink shade! Because of the formula, it makes it amazing for gradient lips! Just apply to the center and blend out~ It. Is. Literally. Perfect. You'll get easy kissable lips in a snap! Love~ Mandarin Rapture is just the same in a bright orange shade! Orange and hot pink are really on trend in Korea for spring and summer I think~! <3


 (left to right: 100 Petal Plush, 075 Fuchsia Flourish, 015 Mandarin Rapture, 020 Signature Scarlet) 


They have a really unique doe-applicator. It's almost like ridges going down the application. Great for holding in product~ c:

Swatches:

I don't know if you can tell, but Petal Plush and Mandarin Rapture have glitters in them. The glitter is a lot more apparent in Petal Plush, though, but you really cannot feel them on the lips~ Also, all of them are more of a cream formula~ not sticky at all and such bright color payoff! The brighter colors have a really nice staining effect too! What more could you ask for~ c;

Ok! That's all for now~
Sheepy out! <3