Saturday, April 27, 2013

Review: Amethystory: Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhancer

Hey guys~!
I know I've been posting a lot of positive reviews so I thought I'd switch it up with a more of a FAIL review. Complete and utter fail..... -____-
But let's just get to it ok~! c:



Ok. So this product is the amethystory: Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhancer by Ginvera.
I've truthfully never heard of this brand before, but it was everywhere in like Watsons and Guardian. I picked this up in Singapore because my brother stole my toner and I really needed to buy a new one. This was my first toner that I picked up in Singapore. (Note how I said FIRST.... this means I needed to buy another one....) They were on sale is why I decided to go ahead and try it out~ Plus, when you read the claims, you will want it too. Hehe~ D:

PRICE: Around $10-$12 SGD

SIZE: 150 mL

PACKAGING:

Ok, so I personally really LOVE this packaging style for the toner. It is sooooo cute! If you didn't know purple is my favorite color and I love the stone amethyst (Hah~ maybe I was a little biased in my purchasing...) I don't know, I just think it's cute and simple. Just keep it simple stoopid~ ;)
 For those of you who can't read it, here's what it says:

"This unique formula is specially blended with Amethyst, Tranexamic Acid, and Hyaluronic Acid to boost the hydration and whitening of skin and enhance the penetration of skincare products for full absorption. Regular use of Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhance will provide skin with minerals for better skin rejuvenation and at the same time lighten complexion evenly for a fairer, more radiant and youthful glow. 

Effects of active ingredients:

Amethyst:
  • Helps enhance skin rejuvination resulting in smoother and more supple skin
  • Provides energizing skin effect for a more radiant and youthful look
Tranexamic Acid:
  • Fights dark spots and lightens complexion effectively for a radiant glow
  • Helps even complexion
  • Enhanced with anti-inflammatory effect to help enhance the whitening effect
Hyaluronic Acid:
  • Provides intense hydration and retains water in your skin for a youthful and supple look." 
Yea, those are some pretty AMAZING claims right?! =n= I normally really love stuff with Hyaluronic Acid too, but I've never heard of Tranexamic Acid before?

 The bottle has a dripper/stopper thingy so that it comes out a drop at a time~! I guess this is nice for portion control. Saving you guys product. Oh yay~

SWATCH:

As it is a toner, it is really watery, but it's a little TINY bit thicker than most toners. Just a little bit. JUST A VERY LITTLE bit. Not as thick as the Face Shop toner that I mentioned in my previous Small Korean Skincare Haul. Just a little tiny bit.

HOW TO USE:
"After cleansing, pour an adequate amount onto your palm and gently pat onto pace to let it be completely absorbed by the skin. Skin will feel supple and smooth after the Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhancer has been fully absorbed. Skin becomes fairer and more radiant with regular use!"

I like to apply this toner with a small cotton pad but you can also use your hands if you want. I have tried it both ways, and there is not much difference. So pick whichever one floats your boat~ :p Just but a little on your hands, warm it up a little by rubbing your hands together, and apply to your face in patting motions. That's how I always apply everything to my face lol. ;D

This does NOT absorb instantly into your skin though. It kind of leaves a sticky residue which I am not a fan of. :/

CONCLUSION:
Yea ok. So this product, I would NOT recommend others to pick it up. It's not like it's a terrible product, but it just.... it does NOTHING for you skin. There was no effect at all and I used this religiously for all 4 months that I was in Singapore. Even a little in the summer as well but after that I just kind of stopped using it... which is bad. SO CLOSE to finishing it.... but so far away too. 

Now don't be scared, the label does say that it does include a lot of acids and stuff in it, but it is NOT harsh at all against your skin. It would probably be okay for even sensitive skin girls. There is also no scent to the product as well.

So overall, yea, this product was not a winner for me... not at all. No evening of my skin. No whitening effects (hehe I was really into whitening when I was in Asia! Man they really get you! Peer pressure!) Not even any brightening of my skin! It just has little to no effect on your skin. It doesn't even make your skin feel cleaner or anything. And I don't know about you, but I really want to have toners that leave your skin feeling even cleaner and supple. So you can try it if you want, but I can't say how it will work for you.

OVERALL 1/5

Okay~ hope you enjoyed! 
Sheepy out! :'D